Why do a spring clean up in Bangor Maine? What does a spring clean up consist of in the Bangor area? Spring clean up is one of the most important yard chores you will do this year.
- First remove all twigs branches and debris from the lawn areas to let the lawn thrive and to eliminate any hazards that may have accumulated on the lawn areas such as gravel and sand. One rock from a lawn mower thru a window will pay for the spring clean up in most instances.
- A good thick grass lawn will not grow very well thru thick leaves and sand therefore remove these items as soon as the snow is gone.
- Repair the plow damaged areas that have winter kill soon after the snow melts so grass can grow and weeds do not over take the area. It will also become very muddy if vegetation does not grow soon.
- Remove all leaves, pine needles and debris from any drainage ditches, swales and culverts to prevent water from daming up and causing water and erosion problems.
- Remove all decomposing leaves, pine needles and debris from decks, patios and walkways before they stain these surfaces. Trim any damaged trees, shrubs and plants to help minimize desease
- Repair those pot holes in the driveway to help maintain your vehicles front end
- Remove sand and grit from driveways and walkways to minimize tracking of these materials into vehicles, garage and buildings. This sand and grit is very hard on most flooring.
- Edge any flowerbeds, weed and resurface with mulch for a thriving garden that requires less water, less weeding and therefore is much more cosmetically appealing and easier to maintain.
- Replace any dead plants and shrubs that did not make it thru the winter to keep the yard looking the best it can.